3.25.2005

"She"

I have got to find, for the purpose of this web log, a better way to refer to the woman who has haunted my dreams for a good part of the last decade.

I could call her M. That's the first letter of her name. But this exercise is all about trying to be creative, so I won't.

I could call her Sis. She is the best friend of my kid sister, Joanne. I have to admit, early in my life, I loved her as a kid sister. I can't recall when I stopped exactly ...

I could call her Chubs. That's what I called her when she was 13 and fat. But I don't want full-figured women sending me hate e-mails about derogatory labelling. I have enough problems.

I could call her Teresa. Like Mother Teresa. Because instead of becoming a management trainee for a big corporation after graduation, she chose to work in the Northern Provinces for an NGO involved in community development. She gave up two years of her life to teach, dig wells, bathe pigs and such, before coming back to Manila this year.

Or I could just call her Marga -- short for Margarita. Because that's her name and I think it's beautiful.

Also, I must embrace the fact that my right brain is paralyzed, and making up witty/cutie code names for a web site is one skill my degrees in electrical engineering and business management did not prepare me for.