Some People I Know
While people like me get a high from having the latest model cellphone in their backpocket (which can record video, organize schedules and very soon, cure the common cold) and a Pentium 4 Extreme, DSL-connected desktop waiting at home, others are not as handicapped.
Some people I know detest the ills that technology has done to the world.
Some people I know stay loyal to their ancient Ericsson T28 with a broken ringer, rationalizing that they prefer their mobile phones on perpetual vibrate mode anyway.
Some people I know text in unabbreviated correctly-spelled words; because to them, anything else would "feel wrong".
Some people I know have no television in their bedroom because they prefer to read. Ergo, they have not been polluted by a single reality show episode.
Some people I know are perversely intimidated by the Internet. They go on-line only to check their email. They do not sit in their office cubicles, masquerading blog surfing as work.
Some people are every unlike me. Very much like Marga.
Some people I know detest the ills that technology has done to the world.
Some people I know stay loyal to their ancient Ericsson T28 with a broken ringer, rationalizing that they prefer their mobile phones on perpetual vibrate mode anyway.
Some people I know text in unabbreviated correctly-spelled words; because to them, anything else would "feel wrong".
Some people I know have no television in their bedroom because they prefer to read. Ergo, they have not been polluted by a single reality show episode.
Some people I know are perversely intimidated by the Internet. They go on-line only to check their email. They do not sit in their office cubicles, masquerading blog surfing as work.
Some people are every unlike me. Very much like Marga.
<< Home